Diamond + Branch Marketing Group Recognized for Female Leadership, Diverse Team, Employee-First Benefits and More
October 1, 2019 — In the heart of North Park, San Diego, a small group of employees cheered with local beers as their young company officially became one of 16 Certified B Corporations in San Diego. With this recognition, Diamond + Branch Marketing Group joins a community of only 3,000 businesses around the world that meet higher standards of social equity, environmental sustainability, transparency and accountability — ultimately redefining business success as doing good in the world.
According to Diamond + Branch Founder and Director of Strategy Lindsay LaShell, the following company details strongly factored into earning the B Corporation recognition:
- Female Leadership: Diamond + Branch is a woman-owned and run company that works, and has earned most of its revenue through partnerships with nonprofits and businesses led by women and people of color.
- Diverse Team: The staff of nine has representation from various genders, races and sexualities.
- Employee-First Benefits: The small company offers generous paid leave, and health insurance for all team members, including those who work part time, that explicitly includes transgender coverage.
- Purpose-Driven Clients: All Diamond + Branch clients have a strong stake in their communities and share agency values of equity, opportunity, learning, and collaboration.
- Governance: Diamond + Branch is a registered California Benefit Corporation to maintain its good-for-the-world business practices regardless of company ownership.
“Everything our company does — from our employees and clients to the policies that guide our business — is rooted in the values of equity, sustainability and transparency that define a B Corporation,” says LaShell. “This has always been who we are. Now, we encourage other small businesses to join this community with us and help us build an inclusive and regenerative economy in San Diego.”
LaShell founded Diamond + Branch Marketing Group in 2015 with a mission to provide digital marketing services to women-owned businesses and purpose-driven organizations of all kinds. The company has since grown to nine staff members, clients in industries ranging from hospitality and nonprofits to technology and impact entrepreneurship, and unmeasured positive impact in the local San Diego community and the world.
LaShell is an active and highly engaged member of San Diego Business For Good and is a frequent speaker and guest lecturer at local marketing events, webinars, and entrepreneurship courses including the AMA Cause Conference, Downtown San Diego Partnership, Connect All @ the Jacobs Center, USD, SearchLove, San Diego Startup Week and others.
To learn more about LaShell and Diamond + Branch Marketing Group, please click here.
Based in North Park, San Diego, Diamond + Branch Marketing Group provides digital marketing services to women-owned businesses and purpose-driven organizations of all kinds. Committed to its core values of authenticity, diversity, fun, passion, and trust, Diamond + Branch empowers its clients and employees to grow, learn, and increase their positive impact on our community and our planet. To learn more, please visit https://diamondandbranch.com.
Certified B Corporations are leaders of a global movement of people using business as a force for good. They meet the highest standards of overall social and environmental performance, transparency and accountability and aspire to use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems. There are more than 2,000 Certified B Corporations in over 130 industries and 50 countries with 1 unifying goal– to redefine success in business. For more information, please visit https://bcorporation.net.